Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cottage Country Real Estate

The Phillips Team, Cottage Real Estate Blog

Cottage country real estate…so much to consider!  Cottaging and being part of cottage country has been a huge part of my life.  As a child, my family would travel up to the shores of Georgian Bay to visit with my Great Aunt and to spend time with extended family. I recall how excited I would be to explore the shoreline and I especially remember the old cribs and concrete dock that extended out into the water.  The harsh winters had taken its toll on the old dock and us kids were not supposed to explore it unsupervised…but of course we did every chance that we got.  The dock was mysterious, exciting, and enchanting.  There was so much wildlife around the dock and remnants of life that was no more.  It was here, on the rocky shores of Georgian Bay, that my love of cottage country began.

Our family also had a cottage in the Kawartha Lakes area.  It was a very different cottage experience on a smaller lake, but it was fun and free and wonderful to grow up as a child on the water. I learned to appreciate the different cottage experiences when I was young and I continue to appreciate the memories that are created and the strong feelings that are associated with the cottage lifestyle.

For me cottage real estate is about understanding that the cottage experience is a passionate one; it is about connections, experiences, dreams, hopes, family, friends and nature.  It is much more that just a place to relax, escape, adventure or socialize…it is a place where lifetime memories are made and where we often have the opportunity to “be ourselves.”  For many of us, the cottage is our favourite place on earth, no matter how well travelled we have become!

A number of years ago, Gary and I became so passionate about cottage real estate that we decided to begin shifting our lives to incorporate this passion into our professional lives. We have lived the cottage lifestyle for many years and have shared our love of cottage country with our children, who grew up building their own cottage memories at our family cottage.  We understand cottage country real estate experientially and bring our combined skills sets to The Phillips Team, Cottage Real Estate and we love to share this unique perspective with our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment